As we start transitioning into Autumn, at ZeroWater we want you to be fully stocked with the best healthy, and homey water based recipes to see you through the cosy season!
Follow these simple and fun recipes to not only bring your family together in the following months, but help to keep you all fighting fit and healthy during the colder season. This is especially vital in todays social climate, as Covid-19 continues to rampage throughout the UK.
Within this article we have recipes galore for delicious drinks, hearty soups, and brilliant breakfasts to see you and your family into Autumn. So read this article to see some of the best autumnal water based recipes compiled into one handy and readable place!
First Things First, No Autumnal Recipe Guide Can Be Complete Without the Iconic Pumpkin Spiced Latte!
As soon as the leaves begin to turn the faintest shade of orange, it is Pumpkin Spiced Latte season. This cosy, spicy drink is the perfect drink for anyone either snuggled at home or on the go during the autumn.
If you wish to make your own healthy, dairy-free, Pumpkin Spiced Latte, follow this quick and simple recipe:
You will need:
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk (we recommend cashew milk, but coconut or hemp milk would also work well)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 Tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1/2 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 healthy pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 healthy pinch ground allspice
- 1 healthy pinch ground clove
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp maple syrup.
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add dairy-free milk and water to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then add pumpkin purée, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, clove, black pepper, and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Add espresso coffee, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed – adding more spices to taste, espresso coffee for stronger coffee flavor, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy! For serving you could even add some Coconut Whipped Cream to make the experience all the most luxurious!
Hearty Soup to Keep You Fighting Fit
Soup is not only a hot, comforting meal, ideal for chilly autumn evenings – but it is a perfect way to ensure you are eating the correct amount of vegetables! The more vegetables you consume, the more vitamins your body is receiving. This will help to keep you healthy during the colder months when illnesses spread like wildfire. To keep your family healthy and happy – follow this easy recipe for Squash, Ginger and Coconut Soup:
You will need:
- 5kg of squash
- 2 to 3cm cubed fresh ginger
- 200g creamed coconut
- 1 heaped teaspoon sea salt
- Large twist black pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground coriander
- 5 litres of water
- Peel and chop squash into chunks, pop onto an oven tray and put it into the oven at gas mark 7/ 220C/425F to bake. Bake until you can pierce a fork through the squash.
- In the meantime, peel the ginger and then finely grate. Put this into a large pot.
- Chop the creamed coconut and put it in the pan.
- Add salt, pepper, ground coriander and water into the pan.
- Add the squash in the pan.
- Bring contents to the boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes to let the coconut melt.
- Use a hand blender to blend until creamy.
- Enjoy this hearty soup, food for the stomach, heart and soul.
An Autumn Detox Smoothie to Boost the Immune System
This quick and easy smoothie is not only a great way to start the day, but will help to boost your immune system! Its such a simple and delicious way to ingest lots of vitamins at once! Give it a go!
You will need:
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped.
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped.
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 6 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed. Serve with ice and enjoy! Its just that simple!
Apple Pie Porridge – What better Way to Start the Day?
This recipe for Apple Pie Porridge will provide you with a comforting and energising start to your day! It will not only be extremely tasty, but will provide you will all the slow releasing energy you need to tackle your day at work, school or at home, head on.
You will need:
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped.
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
- 1 tspn honey
- 30g porridge oats
- 200-250ml water
- Good splash of milk (cow’s or non-dairy of your choice)
- 1/4 tspn ground cardamom
- 1 tspn sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
Rye crumb topping:
- Small cube of butter
- 1/2 slice German-style thin rye bread with grains, broken into crumbs
- 1/2 tspn whole linseed / flaxseed
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
- Put the chopped apple and a splash of water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and drizzle over 1/2 teaspoon of honey, mixing everything together. Put the saucepan over a medium heat to simmer. Stir occasionally so that it doesn’t stick and add more water if it looks too dry. Cook until the apple is very soft and mash it a bit with the back of a spoon, leaving some chunks.
- Crumb topping: While the apple is cooking, melt the butter in a frying pan. Drop in the rye crumbs, linseed and cinnamon, and stir. Cook for a few minutes until the rye crumbs are completely coated in the butter and crispy on the outside. Put this to the side while you cook your porridge.
- Pour the cooked apple mixture into a small bowl and add the oats to the same saucepan. Cover with the water and a splash of milk, and stir together. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining honey (1/2 teaspoon), ground cardamom, sesame seeds, salt and half of the cooked apple mixture. Mix and simmer for a few more minutes until the oats are soft and cooked. Stir regularly to make sure the porridge cooks evenly.
- Once the porridge is completely cooked, pop it into a bowl, top it with the remaining apple mixture and sprinkle the rye crumbs over the top. Add a further splash of milk.
- Enjoy your delicious autumnal breakfast of champions!
Healthy and Tasty Fruit Infused Water!
Fruit Infused Water is not only a tasty substitute for unhealthy, sugary drinks but is great for sharing at Halloween and Bonfire Night Gatherings!
For this yummy Cinnamon Ginger Pear Water, You Will Need:
- 1 sliced pear
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Fresh grated ginger
You can start drinking the water right away, but the flavours will become stronger the longer you allow the ingredients to intermingle. The infused last for 3 days in the fridge.
If you want to try out any of these healthy, water-based recipes, we want to see your creations! Make sure you post your masterpiece on Instagram and tag our account @Zerowateruk.
To ensure you have the tastiest drinks and water-based meals, you will need filtered, contaminant free, pure tasting water!
At ZeroWater, we want to ensure that your water based recipes are as healthy and delicious as possible. In order to make sure of this, you need a water filter, to get filtered, pure tasting water. There are also a vast multitude of other benefits from owning a water filter which are explored in detail in our previous news article.
We can provide your family this autumn with Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration Systems. These systems successfully outperforms all other 2-stage filters on the market such as Brita Filters. While simplistic 2-stage filters are only able to remove around half of all dissolved solids, our advanced filters guarantee to drastically reduce the amount of ‘Total Dissolved Solids’ and contaminants in your water!
How do we achieve this? Take a look at our previous article for an in depth outline on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
The proof of our filter’s effectiveness is not only in your water-based puddings, but in our statistics: When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from your tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants!
So as the pandemic continues into the autumnal season, and our health continues to our top concern; ZeroWater is here to make sure that your family is happy, healthy and hydrated!
Make sure your Autumn is full of fun, health and happiness with ZeroWater.