Many people who are considering investing in a water filter are held back by wondering if water filters are a worthwhile investment.
If you are pondering if water filters and jugs are effective and beneficial to own or even how they work before you invest in one for your family, this is the article for you.
ZeroWater has compiled this handy list of frequently asked questions regarding water filters just to help you make your decision!
First Things First, How do Water Filter Jugs even Work?
Water filter jugs use inventive and effective technology that successfully filters your water, all contained within a handy, compact space.
But how exactly does the water filtration process work?
We will let you in on a little water filter secret than not many people are aware of. There are many different forms of water filter technology and we are here to explain how each type of water filter works:
- Activated Carbon filters are the most commonly used household water filters. In these filters charcoal (a very porous form of Carbon) traps contaminants by removing larger particles and sediment from the water. Carbon also attracts contaminants like lead, and catches them as the water passes through the filter. Moreover, carbon reduces the amount of chemicals such as Chlorine in your water. However, be wary as this type of filter is often vulnerable to limescale and can easily get clogged up over time and will need more and often replacement filters to guarantee its effectiveness.
- Reverse Osmosis is an effective filter process as it removes contaminants by using water pressure to force tap water through a semi-permeable membrane. As the water passes through, contaminants such as Lead, Mercury and Iron are removed making your water safer and purer tasting. Sadly, the pressure used by this kind of water uses lots of electricity and will increase your power consumption and therefore your electricity bills will be more expensive as a result.
- Ion Exchange softens hard tap water (water that contains a large amount of dissolved minerals like Calcium and Magnesium) and consequently reduces the amount of scale. Ion Exchange targets specific substances for removal based on their ionic charges, while leaving pleasant and harmless minerals behind providing you with softer, tastier water. However, arguably this kind of water filtration doesn’t really remove contaminants, but merely splits them into less harmful ions and will need replacing often.
The fact of the matter is that the best water filters actually combine 2 or more of these techniques to increase the amount of contaminants that can be removed.
At ZeroWater it is our mission to create the most advanced and affordable, superior water filters and jugs. We provide a Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System to give you the safest, purest tasting water for the best value for money.
How does our 5 stage filtration system work?
- Stage 1 – This stage consists of a Coarse Filter Screen which serves to filter out fine particles and sediment.
- Stage 2 – The next stage is a Foam Distributor which disperses the water evenly across the entire width of filter in order to efficiently use the filter medium which increases the filters longevity as well as its ability to remove more contaminants
- Stage 3 – Multi-Layer Activated Carbon & Oxidation Reduction Alloy. The Carbon filters out many different contaminants and improves the taste of your water, while the oxidation alloy reduces Chlorine and other heavy metals. Plus, it keeps mould from forming when the filter is moist.
- Stage 4 – Dual Comprehensive Ion Exchange Resin uses negative and positive dual bed ion exchange resin to strip foreign ions from the water molecules and return them to a pure state.
- Stage 5 – Finally, the Ultra-Fine Screen & Non-Woven Membrane Layers remove the last bits of ultra-fine particles.
What is the Result of ZeroWater’s Sophisticated, Patented Water Filtration Technology?
Our filters are ‘NSF Certified’ to reduce 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium, and they are third party tested to reduce: 96% of Mercury, 99% of Uranium, 97% of Asbestos, and 93% of Arsenic , among other contaminants. Therefore, your contaminant free water will be purer than regular tap water, making sure your family is as hydrated and healthy as possible.
Moreover, our filters are a cheaper, more efficient and more environmentally friendly than bottled water. For example our 6 and 7 cup filters retail at just £24.99, it’s a long term (as it will last up to 150 litres), useful and cost effective investment.
If you need any further convincing, our innovative and effective 7-cup Jug filter featured on ITV’s popular show ‘How to Spend It Well At Christmas’. You can watch Phillip Schofield’s honest and glowing review as he discovers first-hand the wonders of our premium filtration system; exclaiming “that’s extraordinary!” as our free water quality meter confirms that our filter removes all contaminants from the water.
Overall, we have endeavoured to create this multi-stage premium water filter to ensure that your money is well spent on a worthwhile investment that is not only effective but beneficial to you and your family!
- Filtered water is safer than non-filtered water, as 5 stage water filter’s guarantee to drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water such as Lead, Copper, asbestos, Mercury and Arsenic.
- Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week, but by filtering your water you can be free from micro-plastics!
- Moreover, with a water filter your water will be purer tasting and so you will be more likely to drink more water. This means you will be more likely than ever before to be effectively hydrated.
- Hydration boosts your health and immune system and flushes out toxins.
- If your body is properly hydrated it will restore nutrients quicker, consequently helping to prevent illnesses such as Covid-19.
- Hydration improves cognition therefore sufficiently hydrated can make you feel more energised and more focused.
- By feeling more clear headed and sharp due to effective hydration your productivity will consequently improve.
- Hydration staves off dreaded heat stroke in the hot summer weather!
- Furthermore, you will save money in the long run as you will no longer need to constantly buy bottled water in order to access pure drinking water! Through one purchase you will invest in your families health and hydration for years to come!
- As well as this by investing in a water filter, it will decrease your plastic footprint as you will no longer need to constantly buy environmentally detrimental single use plastic bottles, thus making your household more sustainable. This benefits not only you and your family but the entire earth as single use plastic is extremely damaging to our environment! To invest in a ZeroWater filter is to invest in a brighter future for our planet and generations to come!
Thus as you can see, buying a water filter jug is an extremely worthwhile, effective and beneficial investment! We hope by reading this article you have garnered the answers to your burning water filter related questions and are convinced that ZeroWater’s water filters and jugs are definitely worth buying!