If you are on a quest to improve your health after being indoors for months on end, ZeroWater is here to help you achieve your goal! We are here to demonstrate how staying well hydrated can help you lose weight and improve your health more generally! Staying hydrated means staying healthy and we will explain some of the benefits of drinking healthy water in this news article.
We all know that drinking water regularly is good. We all know we cannot survive very long without ample and healthy drinking water. But most of us probably don’t realise just how important being properly hydrated is for our health. In fact, many systems in the our body depend on water to function properly as we ourselves are composed two thirds water!
ZeroWater will explain what the benefits are of drinking water. We illustrate how hydration can help you to lose weight and how it improve both your mental and physical health.
It has undoubtably been a challenge to stay healthy during 2020, with many of us stuck at home, isolated and practising social distancing for months on end during the Covid-19 pandemic. It has been very difficult to stay active and motivated. In fact, research has shown over half the population in the UK has found it harder to stay healthy during these cumbersome times.
Yet, it is more crucial than ever before to remain healthy during the current COVID-19 pandemic. As Professor Kevin Fenton, London Regional Director at Public Health England stated:
Extra weight puts pressure on our bodies and reduces our strength to fight off serious diseases, including COVID-19.
Therefore, the government and the NHS has launched a new national campaign to encourage millions of adults to kick start their health and reduce their risk of serious illness, including COVID-19.
The campaign encourages adults to introduce small but effective changes that will help them work towards a healthier weight.
They have provided a variety of free tools and mobile apps in order to support people in their journey to eat better, drink less alcohol and get more active. This includes a new mobile app 12-week NHS Weight Loss Plan, helping people make healthier food choices and teach them skills to prevent weight gains. You can download the mobile app for free! So go on, take that first step towards a healthier life style!
As Professor Fenton has further stated:
COVID-19 has given us a wake-up call to get our health back on track … It’s never too late, or too early, to make changes that will have a lasting impact on your health.
So now is the time for you to consider to start your journey to a new, healthier and better hydrated life style!
Here are just some of the Ways in which Drinking More Water can Benefit You and Helps You Lose Weight!
- Drink water before you eat – water is an appetite suppressant! Therefore, by drinking some water before meals you will feel fuller, thus reducing the amount of food you eat. Health resource website WebMD states that drinking water before meals results in an average reduction in intake of 75 calories per meal. Drinking water before just one meal per day would cause you to ingest 27,000 fewer calories per year. It can also help to curb unnecessary snacking.
- Replace calorie filled drinks with water – Sugary drinks such as Cola, Sprite, Fanta will not keep you hydrated and they are unhealthy! Walter Willett, professor of nutrition at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health stated in a 2017 CNN article that we are “we are mal-hydrated, because we drink so much soda and fruit juice…we drink beverages that harm our health.” So by replacing these sugary, unhealthy drinks for water, you will lose weight and be more hydrated.
- Drinking ice cold water could help to boost your metabolism – as your body has to work harder to warm the water up, thus burning more calories! Moreover, ice cold water is much more refreshing than tepid water, so you will feel more satisfied and satiated.
- Exercise is a sure-fire way to lose weight and become healthier. But hydration is crucial when exercising in order to prevent dehydration. Moreover, drinking enough water also keeps your joints lubricated, organs functioning properly and delivers nutrients to your cells! At ZeroWater, we provide a portable water filter to ensure you stay hydrated when you’re exercising.
- A balanced diet is crucial to become healthier. Water-rich foods are a great way to remain hydrated, as you can easily incorporate them into your diet. And they are healthy snack alternatives! For example, bananas are full of potassium, which helps your body retain water. Eating water-rich foods can also help you stay hydrated, so seek out fruits and vegetables like watermelon, pineapple, cucumber, and berries. You can also check out these healthy, water based recipes in order to boost your health and hydration at once!
- Hydration boosts your health and immune system and flushes out toxins, as you need to be hydrated for your kidneys to function properly. Moreover, if your body is properly hydrated it will restore nutrients quicker, consequently preventing illnesses. Indeed, it is a good idea to keep your body as fighting fit as possible as the threat of Covid-19 remains worldwide.
- If you feel like you are stagnating while stuck working from home, being sufficiently hydrated can make you feel more energised and more focused. Hydration also improves cognition, so by feeling more clear headed and sharp due to drinking water, your productivity will consequently improve. It’s so simple and easy to give your mental health a boost through hydration.
- A good night’s sleep is so important for our mental health. And being well-hydrated improves sleep quality, so to cultivate better mental health, you must be drinking enough water!
- If you are feeling anxious, overwhelmed or down about the trials and tribulations of Covid-19, drinking the right amount of water has been known to improve mood! So in order to get the most out of your day, you must be hydrated.
- Filtered water is safer than non-filtered water, as water filter’s guarantee to drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water such as lead, copper, asbestos, mercury and arsenic.
- Furthermore, filtered water is free from microplastics! Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week! In fact, the newest issue of the journal Environmental Science and Technology, reported that Americans consume an estimated 39,000 to 52,000 microplastic particles per year. So to protect yourself and your children from ingesting detrimental microplastics, arm yourself with our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filter!
- Overall, you are more likely to drink more water be more hydrated if you own a water filter, as your water will be pure tasting and delicious. Consequently, you be well-hydrated!
At ZeroWater, our mission is to help YOU become your healthiest, most hydrated self! We want you and your family to be as happy, healthy and hydrated as possible. So we created the most cost-effective, advanced water filter’s on the market!
The rumours are true! Our 5 stage filter system is guaranteed to outperform any other simplistic 2 stage filter such as Brita filters. 2 stage filters only remove around half of all the dissolved solids in your water! Therefore the taste will not be as pure, and the water will not be as filtered as what ZeroWater filters can provide. You can read our previous article for a detailed explanation on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
Moreover, when tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many, many other contaminants!
We want to lift you out of your rut and into a new era of improved physical and mental health.
A Healthy Lifestyle Begins and Ends with Staying Well Hydrated. Start your Health Journey Today with a ZeroWater Jug!