Are you pondering when to replace your existing water filter?
What are the immense benefits of investing in a water filter?
We at ZeroWater want to share the wonderful world of water filters with you by answering these frequently asked questions.
Water filters inventively and effectively use technology that successfully filters your water contained within a small, handy compact space. But how exactly does this process of water filtration work? Not many people know this but there are many different forms of water filter technology. We at ZeroWater are here to explain how each type of water filter works:
- Activated Carbon filters are the most commonly used household water filters. Charcoal is a very porous form of Carbon, which serves to trap contaminants, by removing larger particles and sediment from the water. Carbon also attracts compounds like lead, and catches them as the water passes through the filter. Moreover, carbon reduces the amount of chemicals like Chlorine in your water through the chemical reaction which occurs when water first contacts Carbon. However, this type of filter is vulnerable to limescale and can be easily clogged over time and will need constant replacing.
- Reverse Osmosis is an effective filter process as it removes contaminants by using water pressure to force tap water through a semipermeable membrane. As the water passes through, contaminants like Lead, Mercury and Iron are removed making your water safer and purer tasting. Sadly, the pressure used by this kind of water uses lots of electricity and will increase your power consumption and your electricity bill will be more expensive.
- Ion Exchange softens hard tap water (water that contains a large amount of dissolved minerals like calcium and magnesium) and consequently reduces the amount of scale. Ion Exchange targets specific substances for removal based on their ionic charges, while leaving pleasant and harmless minerals in solution leaving you with softer, tastier water. However, arguably this kind of water filtration doesn’t really remove contaminants, but merely splits them into less harmful ions and will need replacing often.
Overall, the best water filters actually combine 2 or more of these techniques to increase the amount of contaminants that can be removed.
Water filters are extremely vulnerable to growing bacteria, becoming clogged and blocked, and becoming less effective over time. You need to replace or clean your water filter regularly in order to keep it clean, clear, and functioning properly. You will need to either clean or replace your filter every 40 gallons or two months. We recommend better to replace your filter than clean it to ensure your water is the purest tasting and safest it can possibly be.
Firstly your health with be improved by a water filter as your water will be safer, as it will be free from harmful contaminants such as asbestos, mercury or microplastics. Moreover, with a water filter your water will be purer tasting and so you will be more likely to drink more water. The more hydrated you are the more energised and able to focused you will feel. By feeling more clear headed and sharp your productivity will consequently improve.
Furthermore, you will save money in the long run on bottled water. As well as this it will decrease your plastic footprint as you will no longer need to constantly buy environmentally detrimental single use plastic bottles.
We at ZeroWater strive to create advanced and affordable superior water filters. So consider replacing your existing water filter or investing in your first water filter with ZeroWater. We provide a Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System to give you the purest tasting water for the best value for money. But how does our 5 stage filtration system work?
- Stage 1 – This stage consists of a Coarse Filter Screen which serves to filter out fine particles and sediment.
- Stage 2 – The next stage is a Foam Distributor which disperses the water evenly across the entire width of filter in order to efficiently use the filter medium which increases the filters longevity as well as its ability to remove more contaminants
- Stage 3 – Multi-layer activated carbon & oxidation reduction alloy. The Carbon filters out many different contaminants and improves the taste of your water, while the oxidation alloy reduces chlorine and other heavy metals plus, it keeps mould from forming when the filter is moist.
- Stage 4 – Dual Comprehensive Ion Exchange resin uses negative and positive dual bed ion exchange resin to strip foreign ions from the water molecules and return them to a pure state.
- Stage 5 – Finally, the Ultra-fine screen & non-woven membrane layers remove the last bits of ultra-fine particles.
Our 5 stage filter system are guaranteed to outperform any other simplistic 2 stage filter on the market such as Brita filters as 2 stage filters only contain Activated Carbon and Ion Exchange Resin, meaning some contaminant (around half of all the dissolved solids) will still remain and the taste will not be as pure as what ZeroWater filters can provide.
To witness our 5 stage filter jug in action watch ITV’s Philip Schofield’s honest review and demonstration of the filters astounding performance.