Is it worth buying a water filter? The short answer? YES!
If you need some hard facts and evidence as to why a water filter is the best investment you can make this year, this is the article for you!
In this article we have complied this handy list of common areas of intrigue and interest regarding water filters such as are water filters effective and beneficial to own, how do they work and what makes ZeroWater filters a cut above the rest!
- You will save money in the long run as you will no longer need to constantly buy bottled water in order to access pure drinking water! Through one purchase you will invest in your family’s health and hydration for years to come!
- As well as this by investing in a water filter, it will decrease your plastic footprint as you will no longer need to constantly buy environmentally detrimental single use plastic bottles, making your household more sustainable. This benefits not only you and your family but the entire earth as single use plastic is extremely damaging to our environment! To invest in a ZeroWater filter is to invest in a brighter future for our planet and children!
Contaminant and microplastic free water for your family:
- Filtered water is safer than non-filtered water as they drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water such as lead, copper, asbestos, mercury and arsenic.
- Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week, but by filtering your water you can be free from microplastics!
Hydration = health:
- Moreover, with a water filter your water will be purer tasting and so you will be more likely to drink more water. This means you will be more likely to be effectively hydrated.
- Hydration boosts your health and immune system and flushes out toxins.
- Hydration improves cognition. Therefore, by being sufficiently hydrated can make you feel more energised and more focused.
- By feeling clearer headed and sharp due to effective hydration your productivity will consequently improve.
- Hydration staves off dreaded heat stroke in the hot summer weather!
- Hydration not only makes you feel good, it helps you look good as it can help you lose weight and improves your skin quality.
We understand that customers want to be informed before they invest therefore here is a quick and easy run down of how water filters work!
There are many different forms of water filter technology and we are here to explain how each type of water filter works:
- Reverse Osmosis removes contaminants by using water pressure to force tap water through a semipermeable membrane. As the water passes through, contaminants such as Lead, Mercury and Iron are removed making your water safer and purer tasting. Sadly, the pressure used by this kind of water uses lots of electricity and will increase your power consumption and your electricity bill will be more expensive as a result. This is something to be aware of especially during the current bills and energy crisis.
- Activated Carbon filters use charcoal to trap contaminants by removing larger particles and sediment from the water. Carbon also attracts contaminants like lead, and catches them as the water passes through the filter. Moreover, carbon reduces the amount of chemicals such as Chlorine in your water. However, be wary as this type of filter is often vulnerable to limescale and can be easily clogged over time and will need constant replacing.
- Ion Exchange softens hard tap water and consequently reduces the amount of scale. Ion Exchange targets specific substances for removal based on their ionic charges, while leaving pleasant and harmless minerals behind providing you with softer, tastier water. However, arguably this kind of water filtration doesn’t really remove contaminants, but merely splits them into less harmful ions and will need replacing often.
The best water filters often combine 2 or more of these techniques to increase the number of contaminants that can be removed.
Remember how we said earlier that the best water filters combine 2 or more of these techniques to increase the number of contaminants that can be removed; well ZeroWater provides a Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System to give you the safest, purest tasting water for the best value for money.
Here’s a quick summary of how our 5-stage filtration system works:
- Stage 1 – This stage consists of a Coarse Filter Screen which filters out fine particles and sediment.
- Stage 2 – The next stage is a Foam Distributor which disperses the water evenly across the entire width of filter in order to efficiently use the filter medium. This increases the filters longevity as well as its ability to remove more contaminants
- Stage 3 – Multi-layer activated carbon & oxidation reduction alloy. The Carbon filters out many different contaminants and improves the taste of your water. The oxidation alloy reduces chlorine and other heavy metals. Plus, it keeps mould from forming when the filter is moist.
- Stage 4 – Dual Comprehensive Ion Exchange resin uses negative and positive dual bed ion exchange resin to strip foreign ions from the water molecules and return them to a pure state.
- Stage 5 – Finally, the Ultra-fine screen & non-woven membrane layers remove the last bits of ultra-fine particles.
What makes ZeroWater Filters a Cut Above the Rest?
Our filters are ‘NSF Certified’ to reduce 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium, and they are third party tested to reduce: 96% of Mercury, 99% of Uranium, 97% of Asbestos, and 93% of Arsenic, among other contaminants.
Therefore, your contaminant free water will be purer than regular tap water, making sure your family is as hydrated and healthy as possible.
In fact, our 5 stage filter system are guaranteed to outperform any other simplistic 2 stage filter on the market such as Brita filters. 2 stage filters only contain Activated Carbon and Ion Exchange Resin, meaning around half of all the dissolved solids will still remain and the taste will not be as pure as what ZeroWater filters can provide.
Moreover, our filters are a cheaper, more efficient and more environmentally friendly than bottled water. For example, our 6 and 7 cup filters retail at just £24.99, it’s a long term (as it will last up to 150 litres), useful and cost-effective investment.
Overall, ZeroWater have endeavoured to create this multi-stage premium water filter to ensure that your money is well spent on a worthwhile investment!
Therefore, we can conclude that a water filter is definitely worth buying in 2022 as it is a environmentally conscious, cost effective beneficial investment! We hope by reading this article you have garner the answers to your burning water filter related questions and are convinced that water filters are definitely worth buying!