ZeroWater’s mission this September is that your children go back to school the right way – hydrated!
Hydration improves sleep, mood, focus and productivity and is therefore one of the most important back to school essentials. So when you’re out shopping for your little ones back to school items, grab pens, pencils, notebooks as well as a re-usable water bottle and a water filter to ensure your child is hydrated with the purest tasting water possible.
If your children struggle to focus, are demotivated or tired during school, hydration is a key way to give them a boost and ensure they get the most out of their school day!
If you find it hard to get your children to drink enough water at home or at school, ZeroWater is here to give you a helping hand!
Water is essential to transport nutrients to cells, regulate body temperature, digest food, lubricate our joints, and to flush out waste and toxins.
Therefore, hydration is extremely important to ensure that your body and mind is in good working order. In order to have the best, most productive school day possible, your children need to be hydrated.
According to the Natural Hydration Council, children are at a greater risk of dehydration than adults as they have higher water requirements in relation to their body weight. Unlike adults, children usually have to ask for a drink, so rely on you as their parents/caregivers to keep them hydrated. Dehydration is caused by not drinking enough water to replace what we lose throughout the day, and tiredness is one of the first signs of dehydration.
Tiredness as a result of dehydration will impair your child’s attention span, memory and motor skills, all of which will negatively impact upon their academic progress at school. Even mild dehydration (1-3% of body weight) can impair many aspects of your child’s brain function.
Not to worry, the simple act of drinking a bottle of water will boost your child’s productivity and help them to concentrate and feel revitalised throughout the school day.
As a parent/caregiver you play an important role in helping your child to develop healthy hydration habits. Encourage your child to make the most of drinking stations at school and to drink from their water bottle throughout the day to keep them mentally focussed in class, and educate them on the importance of hydration.
What are the Benefits of Being Well-Hydrated at School?
- Hydration also boosts cognition and makes children feel more energised and more focused. This means that your children will be more mentally able to tackle challenges in the classroom if they are hydrated.
- In fact, recent studies have found evidence to demonstrate a link between water consumption and academic achievement. One study of 447 students from the universities of East London and Westminster, found those who entered the exam hall with water scored an average of 5% higher than those without. This suggests that H2O promotes clearer thinking, and helps alleviate anxiety in stressful situations.
- Being well-hydrated improves sleep quality, and mood, so hydration can help to improve your child’s mental health. This means they will feel generally happier at school through successful hydration.
At ZeroWater, we know hydration is often easier said than done. Our busy work, school and home life schedules can make it hard to ensure that you and your family drink the recommended 2 litres a day. But follow these top tips in order to ensure you and your family are as hydrated as possible:
- Start and end your families day with a glass of water! A glass of water at breakfast and bed time is a great way to implement hydration into your families routine.
- Invest in a re-usable water bottle for each member of your family. This means you can carry water with you wherever you go and your children can take a healthy amount of water into school with them to drink throughout the day. We recommend the Hydratem8 water bottle as it reminds you what time to drink a certain amount of water to ensure you drink enough throughout the day. As Hydratem8 states, it’s never been easier to track your hydration levels: “Simply follow the hourly timings and take small but consistent sips throughout the day to hit your recommended daily intake of water. Just fill your bottle first thing in the morning and start tracking, follow the timings & take small, regular sips during the day then at lunchtime refill your tracker and continue to monitor your intake.”
- Purchase a water filter for your family home. You and your family are more likely to be more hydrated if you have a water filter your water will be purer tasting. Therefore you will be more likely to drink more water and consequently be well-hydrated. Browse ZeroWater’s wide range of water filters to find one that suits your family!
- Consider placing fruit into your water bottle/water filter to create some delicious fruit infused water – for a tasty infused water recipe read our Autumn Water Based Recipes article.
At ZeroWater we have created the most advanced and affordable water filters on the market! All to make sure that your family is as hydrated as possible for this new school term!
2 stage filters only contain Activated Carbon and Ion Exchange Resin, while our filters contain 3 other stages (a Coarse Filter Screen, a Foam Distributor and a Ultra-fine screen & non-woven membrane layers). This means that these 2 stage filters only remove around half of all the dissolved solids in your water and therefore the taste will not be as pure as what ZeroWater filters can provide. You can read our previous article for a detailed explanation on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants!