During our glorious summer of freedom after a year in lockdown, many of us will be spending much of our time outside enjoying the summer sun with our loved ones on picnics, BBQ’s, walks or holidays.
Even during these exciting and fun-filled times it is crucial that we remember to stay hydrated. Therefore, ZeroWater is here to demonstrate how remembering to stay hydrated is not just an annoyance but could actually enhance your summer fun.
Through this news article ZeroWater will explore why hydration is important, how it can help you make the most of your summer and provides some handy hacks on how You and Your Family can stay hydrated during the sunny season!
Why is it Important to Stay Hydrated, especially this Summer?
- Effective hydration keeps you healthy by boosting your immune system and flushing out toxins, as you need to be hydrated for your kidneys to function properly. Moreover, if your body is properly hydrated it will restore nutrients quicker, consequently preventing illnesses.
- This is especially important presently as Covid-19 cases still lurk around in the world, it is best to keep your body as healthy and fighting fit as possible! Moreover, you can’t fully enjoy your summer if you’re not ill. What with social distancing rules relaxing, and our immune systems being a bit weaker due to being less exposed to germs, you are likely to be mixing with lots of peoples different germs which may take hold and make you poorly if you are not well hydrated.
- If you do not drink enough water while in the sun, you can suffer from heat stroke. You could be especially susceptible to heat stroke if you are sitting in the sun all day, having picnics, BBQ’s, beach days or just relaxing in your garden. Hydration will prevent heat stroke and helps to regulate your body temperature. Keep an eye on children, the elderly and people with long-term health conditions (like diabetes or heart problems) as they’re more at risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- If you are trying to stay active this summer by running or going on walks in the sun you need to stay hydrated so that your body has the energy and water it needs to function effectively. Drinking enough water keep joints lubricated, organs functioning properly and delivers nutrients to your cells!
How can Hydration Enhance Your Summer Fun?
- The long and short of the matter is that being well-hydrated improves sleep quality, energy levels, cognition, and mood. Therefore, in order to fully enjoy your summer social occasions you need to be hydrated. Hydration will ensure your body and mind are rested and functioning to the best of its ability this summer!
- ZeroWater’s wide variety of jugs from a 7 ZeroWater 7 CUP – 1.7L JUG (£24.99) to a ZeroWater 20 Cup – 4.7L JUG (£39.99) are absolutely perfect for keeping your family and guests hydrated during your summer social events such as picnics, dinner parties, garden parties or BBQ’s. For more information on our range of water filter jugs you can read our previous article that contains a handy guide to our best selling products.
- Our portable water filter bottles (£14.99) are perfectly designed for a vast variety of summer activities such as working out, walks, hiking, water sports or even just lounging on the beach. When you’re out and about on summer adventures it’s tempting to just buy single use plastic bottles as and when you are thirsty. But this is not only wasteful but expensive. Instead, save your money and help save the planet by refilling your portable water filter bottle. Having your refillable bottle with you will make it easier to hydrate when out and about this summer. All you will need is an occasional stop at a water fountain to refill! Moreover, this handy bottle will ensure you are drinking clean, filtered, pure tasting water.
At ZeroWater we are aware that it is hard to remember to drink enough water when having fun in the sun. If you struggle to drink enough water, we suggest you follow these handy life hacks:
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. Drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Alternatively, you could drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.
- Don’t like the taste of plain water? Try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your water. This will improve the taste so you will be more likely to drink more water!
- If you are drinking alcohol at a picnic, BBQ or party drink some water alongside it, as alcohol will dehydrate you further.
- Sugary drinks such as Cola, Sprite or Fanta are popular and delicious drinks, however they will not keep you hydrated. Walter Willett, professor of nutrition at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health stated in a 2017 CNN article that we are “we are mal-hydrated, because we drink so much soda and fruit juice and other sugar-sweetened beverages, and by that I mean we drink beverages that harm our health.” So instead of a Cola reach for some water instead when enjoying your time in the sun.
You may be asking yourself how will a ZeroWater filter keep me hydrated this summer?
To that we say, the filtering process makes your water taste much better and you are more likely to drink more water and be more hydrated if you own a water filter, as your water will be pure tasting and delicious.
In fact, filtered water is safer than non-filtered water, as water filter’s guarantee to drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water. When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many, many other contaminants! Therefore, you will not only be hydrated but healthier as you will be protected from disgusting and damaging contaminants in your tap water.
Furthermore, filtered water also reduces the amount of microplastics, ZeroWater’s filters will remove all those with a size above 10 microns! Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week! So to protect yourself and your children from ingesting detrimental microplastics, you should arm yourself with our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filter!
Our 5 stage filter system is guaranteed to outperform any other simplistic 2 stage filter such as Brita filters. 2 stage filters only remove around half of all the dissolved solids in your water. Therefore the taste will not be as pure, and you will be less hydrated as well as more at risk from harmful contaminants. Read our previous article for a detailed explanation on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
At ZeroWater, our Mission is to Help YOU become Your Healthiest, most Hydrated Self this Summer! To Invest in a ZeroWater Filter is to Invest in Your Family’s Hydration this Summer!