Our mission this September at ZeroWater is that you and your children go back to work and to school after your jolly summer holidays, hydrated!
Hydration Improves Sleep, Mood, Focus and Productivity and is therefore one of the Most Important Back to Work and School Essentials.
So, when you’re out shopping for your work or school essentials like a thermos, headphones and snacks for your little one’s back to school items, grab pens, pencils, notebooks as well as a re-usable water bottle and a water filter to ensure you and your child are hydrated with the purest tasting water possible.
ZeroWater caters to all ages and wants to ensure that your entire family from the adults to the children are happy, healthy and hydrated this September.
It can often be a tricky and let’s face it disheartening transition returning back to work or school after a long, fun filled summer holiday. Don’t let dehydration make the transition all the more difficult!
Do you or your children struggle to focus, are demotivated or tired during work or school? Hydration is a key way to get a boost and ensure you all get the most out of your day!
If you find it hard to ensure that you and your children drink enough water at home, work or at school, ZeroWater is here to give your family a helping hand!
Why is Dehydration a Hindrance During the Working Day?
At ZeroWater, we want to detail the importance of staying hydrated at work and school and how dehydration can be a real hindrance to work productivity as well as mental performance:
- Dehydration is a widespread issue!
- This is shown by a survey carried out by the Natural Hydration Council of 300 UK General Practitioners. This survey found that 1 in 5 GP consultations were down to tiredness and fatigue and 1 in 10 of those were thought to be linked to dehydration!
- As little as 2% dehydration can influence one’s mood, lead to fatigue and considerably reduce alertness. One study of 25 women showed that dehydration (-1.36% loss of body mass) led to poor mood, reduced concentration, increased the frequency of headaches and a tendency to find tasks harder.
- Dehydration can also lead to short-term memory and the inability to process visual information properly.
- At 4%, reaction times can be slowed by 23%. In many work environments, this is not only unproductive but can even be dangerous!
But what are the benefits of being well hydrated at work?
- Being well hydrated improves sleep quality, and mood, so hydration can help to improve your mental health. This means you will feel generally happier at work through successful hydration.
- Hydration also boosts cognition which means you will be more mentally able to tackle tricky tasks and challenges while at work.
- Hydration makes you feel more energised and more focused. By feeling clearer headed and sharp through hydration, your productivity will consequently improve. This is beneficial as you will feel personal satisfaction at your increased achievements and productivity as well as ensuring your company/business is even more successful.
Follow ZeroWater’s Top Tips on How to Fit Hydration into Your Workplace Wellness Strategy:
Our busy work schedules can make it hard to remember to drink the recommended 2 litres a day. But follow these top tips in order to ensure you are as hydrated as possible while at work.
- Keep a water bottle by your side throughout the day. Grab your reusable water bottle and take it with you wherever you go. Keep it by your nightstand, take it on your commute, sip throughout your meetings and leave it on your desk. We suggest that you invest in the new Self-cleaning, UV-C Water Bottles from Waatr.
- Set alarms to remind yourself to take a few sips. One good thing about working from home is that you’re never too far from the fridge. Set an alarm to go off once every couple of hours. This will give you a chance to fill your water bottle, stretch your legs, and give your eyes a quick break from the screen.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty. Thirst is actually a sign that you are already dehydrated. Keep drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day and eat fruits and vegetables with high water content to avoid becoming thirsty in the first place.
- Add a bit of flavour. Squeezing a little fruit juice in your filtered water can turn a boring obligation into a refreshing break. Treat yourself to a splash of lemon or lime. For tasty infused water recipes read our previous article.
- Eat porridge for breakfast and soup for lunch. Here’s a hydrating hack that might surprise you: Eating one bowl of oatmeal is equivalent to drinking about one cup of water. Moreover, broth is made of mostly water. This makes oatmeal and soup the perfect combo for a productive and hydrated work day!
How will a ZeroWater Water Filter Jug aid You in Your Hydration Mission?
- A water filter removes contaminants from YOUR tap water. The filtering process makes your water taste much better and you are more likely to drink more water and be more hydrated if you own a water filter, as your water will be pure tasting and delicious.
- In fact, filtered water is safer than non-filtered water, as water filter’s guarantee to drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water such as lead, copper, asbestos, mercury and arsenic. Therefore, you will not only be hydrated but healthier as you will be protected from disgusting and damaging contaminants in your tap water.
- Furthermore, filtered water is free from microplastics! Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week! So to protect yourself and your children from ingesting detrimental microplastics, coyou should arm yourself with our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filter!
- ZeroWater filters save you money and are more environmentally responsible, thus eradicating your need to buy detrimental and expensive disposable plastic bottles! Indeed, bottled water costs on average about 47p a litre while replacement filters for our jugs cost £19.99. But our jugs filter 150 litres of water, which works out to 13p a litre per filter, generating a big saving for your family over the long term. Moreover if you buy filters in bulk with our handy bundle deals on filters, this drops to around 8p per litre. Therefore, ZeroWater will keep you hydrated and your pockets full all while decreasing your water footprint! What more could you want?
Why is Hydration even More Crucial for Children?
Tiredness as a result of dehydration will impair your child’s attention span, memory and motor skills, all of which will negatively impact upon their academic progress at school. Even mild dehydration (1-3% of body weight) can impair many aspects of your child’s brain function.
Not to worry, the simple act of drinking a bottle of water will boost your child’s productivity and help them to concentrate and feel revitalised throughout the school day.
As a parent/caregiver you play an important role in helping your child to develop healthy hydration habits. Encourage your child to make the most of drinking stations at school and to drink from their water bottle throughout the day to keep them mentally focussed in class, and educate them on the importance of hydration.
What are the Benefits of Being Well-Hydrated at School?
- Hydration also boosts cognition and makes children feel more energised and more focused. This means that your children will be more mentally able to tackle challenges in the classroom if they are hydrated.
- In fact, recent studies have found evidence to demonstrate a link between water consumption and academic achievement. One study of 447 students from the universities of East London and Westminster, found those who entered the exam hall with water scored an average of 5% higher than those without. This suggests that H2O promotes clearer thinking, and helps alleviate anxiety in stressful situations.
- Being well-hydrated improves sleep quality, and mood, so hydration can help to improve your child’s mental health. This means they will feel generally happier at school through successful hydration.
Why should Your Family Invest in a ZeroWater Water Filter Jug?
At ZeroWater we have created the most advanced and affordable water filters on the market! All to make sure that your family is as hydrated as possible for this new school term!
2 stage filters only contain Activated Carbon and Ion Exchange Resin, while our filters contain 3 other stages (a Coarse Filter Screen, a Foam Distributor and an Ultra-fine screen & non-woven membrane layers). This means that these 2 stage filters only reduce around half of all the dissolved solids in your water and therefore the taste will not be as pure as what ZeroWater filters can provide. You can read our previous article for a detailed explanation on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants!
ZeroWater wants to ensure that You and Your Children are Effectively Hydrated so that they can make the Most of Each and Every Day!
If you’re at school or at work ZeroWater is here to help all the family, big and small!