This spring many of us will be spending much of our time outside in the spring sun on socially distanced picnics, BBQ’s, walks or simply sun bathing.
However, during this year’s unseasonable spring heat waves it is crucial that we remember to stay hydrated and healthy.
ZeroWater is here to explore what is causing these heat waves, why hydration is important and some top tips on how to stay hydrated and heathy this spring!
As Professor Fenton poignantly stated:
COVID-19 has given us a wake-up call to get our health back on track…It’s never too late, or too early, to make changes that will have a lasting impact on your health.
So take this as a sign and make this spring the time to begin your health and hydration journey with ZeroWater.
Heat waves are the result of trapped air. Normally air circles the globe in large prevailing winds, however if it is trapped over one region it is allowed to warm to uncharacteristic temperatures due to sunlight.
The air is often trapped due to high-pressure systems. These systems force the air downwards, in effect acting as a large cap. With the air being trapped, it is unable to rise into the cooler upper atmosphere, therefore preventing precipitation.
Global climate change is very likely to cause both increased frequencies and intensities of heat waves.
For much of the world, summers are expected to be warmer, and winters milder. Natural variability plays an important role in extreme weather and climate change has effected natural limits, making heat waves more frequent and more intense.
Therefore, as heat waves become more and more frequent and intense it is important to keep ourselves safe during these unseasonably hot bouts.
- Effective hydration keeps you healthy by boosting your immune system and flushing out toxins, as you need to be hydrated for your kidneys to function properly. Moreover, if your body is properly hydrated it will restore nutrients quicker, consequently preventing illnesses. This is especially important presently as Covid-19 cases still lurk around the world, it is best to keep your body as healthy and fighting fit as possible!
- If you do not drink enough water while in the sun, you can suffer from heat stroke. You could be especially susceptible to heat stroke if you are sitting in the sun all day, having socially distanced picnics or BBQ’s or just relaxing in your garden. Hydration will prevent heat stroke and helps to regulate your body’s temperature. Keep an eye on children, the elderly and people with long-term health conditions (like diabetes or heart problems) as they’re more at risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- If you are trying to stay active this spring by running or going on walks in the sun you need to stay hydrated so that your body has the energy and water it needs to function effectively. Drinking enough water keep joints lubricated, organs functioning properly and delivers nutrients to your cells!
ZeroWater’s Spring Hydration Hacks!
At ZeroWater we know it is hard to remember to drink enough water when having fun in the sun. If you struggle to drink enough water, we suggest you follow these handy hacks and tips:
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your water. This will improve the taste so you will be more likely to drink more water!
- If you are drinking alcohol at a picnic or BBQ drink some water alongside it, as alcohol will dehydrate you further.
- Sugary drinks such as Cola, Sprite, Fanta are popular picnic drinks, however they will not keep you hydrated. Walter Willett, professor of nutrition at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health stated in a 2017 CNN article that: “we are mal-hydrated, because we drink so much soda and fruit juice and other sugar-sweetened beverages, and by that I mean we drink beverages that harm our health.” So instead of a Cola reach for some water instead when enjoying your time in the sun.
- Drink water consistently throughout the day – it’s easy to forget to do so when relaxing out in the sun but its super important!
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. Drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Alternatively, you could drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.
- The affordable and portable water filter solution in the picture above from ZeroWater means that transporting and drinking filtered, pure tasting water has never been easier and cheaper. You won’t have to keep forking out for expensive single use plastic bottles that damage the environment, and you’ll will be able to stay hydrated!
- A water filter removes contaminants from YOUR tap water. The filtering process makes your water taste much better and you are more likely to drink more water and be more hydrated if you own a water filter jug or portable solution, as your water will be pure tasting and delicious.
- In fact, filtered water is safer than non-filtered water, as water filter jugs and portable solutions from ZeroWater guarantee to drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water such as Lead, Copper, Asbestos, Mercury and Arsenic. Therefore, you will not only be hydrated but healthier as you will be protected from disgusting and damaging contaminants in your tap water.
- Furthermore, filtered water is free from microplastics! Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week! So to protect yourself and your children from ingesting detrimental microplastics, you should arm yourself with our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filter!
At ZeroWater, our mission is to help YOU become your healthiest, most hydrated self! We want you and your family to be as happy, healthy and hydrated as possible. So we created the most cost-effective, advanced water filter’s and Jugs on the market!
Our 5 stage filter system is guaranteed to outperform any other simplistic 2 stage filter such as Brita filters. 2 stage filters only remove around half of all the dissolved solids in your water. Therefore the taste will not be as pure, and you will be less hydrated as well as more at risk from harmful contaminants.
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water.