You want to stay hydrated this summer but the idea of drinking plain water all the time doesn’t appeal to you much.
You already read our or have plenty of infused water recipes for your family at hand, but you have to find a healthy way to stay cool and hydrated this summer.
How about some healthy water based Ice lollies for the whole family this summer?
Ice lollies are something that many of us remember from our childhood but as adults we rarely reach out for them. As long as you include only healthy ingredients you will reap lots of benefits from consuming ice lollies or water based popsicles any time you want to cool down or hydrate this summer. More, healthy ice lollies are a far better alternative to keep your children away from all sugary drinks.
We have compiled a short list of some ice lolly recipes to get your creativity flowing.
1. Strawberry and Watermelon Ice Lolly & Popsicle Recipe
For this recipe you will need:
- some caster sugar
- water that has been passed through a ZeroWater water filter jug.
Here is how to cook it up:
- Mix the water and sugar and then bring to a boil until it turns into syrup
- Put the strawberries in a blender and puree until smooth. Sieve the mixture to get rid of the seeds.
- Seed the melon and then puree it too. When it is the right consistency add the pureed strawberries and syrup and puree the mixture for about a minute.
- Pour into ice lollie molds or small cups and pop in the freezer for a few hours after adding the wooden spatulas.
For the more advanced cooks:
- You can coat the cups or molds prior to adding the mixtures of fruit puree and fruits with i.e melted chocolate and crushed nuts.
- Other combinations of fruits are possible. We recommend local seasonal produce and or a varied range of local organic fruits.
- Don’t forgot a lot really nice wild fruits can be foraged during summer!
2. Creamy and Fruity Summer Ice Lollies & Popsicles
This is a great ice lolly recipe by ZeroWater and not only is it a tasty treat, it will also help quench your thirst right away.
For 8 lollies you will need:
- 2 bananas
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 2 seeded dates
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of pure or infused ZeroWater
Now follow these few easy steps:
- Put everything into a blender and puree until smooth.
(If you are using strawberries you should puree them separately and remove the seeds.)
- Once you have a smooth mixture pour it into ice lolly molds or into little plastic cups
- let the cups or molds set in the freezer after adding the wooden spatulas.
For more advanced cooks:
- Instead of the banana you can use 1 cup of strawberries or kiwi’s.
- You can also add some Cinnamon for an extra spicy kick.
- You can make half-and-half lollies by pureeing and freezing one type of fruit for an hour and then topping it off with a different fruit puree later.
3. Mango and Lime Ice Lollies
For this recipe you will need:
- a large mango
- a lime
- some ZeroWater
Now follow these easy steps:
- Peel the mango and the lime and scoop out the flesh.
- Drop everything into a blender and puree until soft and smooth.
- Make sure to add a little bit of healthy pure or infused ZeroWater.
- If you like your ice lollies very sweet. You can now add some caster sugar to the blender.
- Pour into ice lolly molds, cups and then freeze all ice lollies after adding the wooden spatulas.
There is plenty more ideas for a wide variety of ice lollies recipes to be found. Simply visit YouTube if these first few recipes seem a bit to boring for you.
Here’s video with a few examples of ice lolly recipes by Lucy Bee.
Why should you use ZeroWater to make your Ice Lollies and popsicles?
You must have heard this by now. The water that comes out of the tap in most homes is not safe to drink. It contains all kinds of contaminants including Lead and Copper and others which are even more dangerous. ZeroWater has compiled a comprehensive and comparative list of common British water contaminants it removes here.
It is clear to most of us that you cannot always afford to drink water directly from your tap. You will accumulate toxins that will eventually lead to health problems.
The same goes for your ice lollies. If you want your family to be healthy at all times it is important to make sure that all water that they consume, including what you use to make ice lollies, is purified.
So we recommend purifying all water used for your ice lolly recipes in our award wining ZeroWater water filter jugs. You can find a varied number of family sized jugs or products here. All our jugs come with a Free TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter.
Some people assume that leaving water in the freezer overnight kills contaminants. This is not true at all!
Water that is used for ice cubes must also be filtered to make it safe.
ZeroWater water filter jugs have been deemed some of the best in the market by many consumer bodies and consumers alike. We offer a wide range that you can choose from and all our jugs and replacement filters are affordable. You can find out more about our water filter jugs here.