Make a sustainable, eco-friendly and cost effective investment this winter with a ZeroWater filter jug.
In these eco-conscious times, those of us who aren’t keen on tap water (especially those in hard water areas) are making the shift from bottled to filtered water at home.
Water filters are a great way to cut down on single-use plastics, a crucial step on your journey to sustainability as an average of 35.8 million plastic bottles are used every day in the UK, of which 16 million go unrecycled.
Therefore, if you want filtered water at home without constantly purchasing single-use plastic that poisons our environment, a water filter is the BEST investment you can make this winter!
At ZeroWater we believe that it is our responsibility to do whatever we can to help save the environment through sustainability! We must save the planet for ourselves, our children and our children’s children; as climate change activist Greta Thurnberg powerfully stated at the UN Climate Summit “the eyes of all future generations are upon you.”
Single use plastic is undoubtedly a large contributor to the rapidly approaching demise of our home planet.
In fact, plastic bottles are currently the 5th most commonly found rubbish item at coastline clean-ups, making up a sizable portion of the total plastic pollution in oceans.
Single use plastic bottles are wasteful and detrimental as they will only be used once and then thrown away. They are non-biodegradable which means that they can’t be recycled by living organisms and will consequently always pollute the ocean and earth.
This will consequently harm wildlife, marine ecosystems and humanity by releasing toxic chemicals into the water, soil and atmosphere.
Moreover, plastics such as these eventually become microplastics and make their way into our water which we then ingest. Researchers determined that people are at risk for ingesting around 5 grams of plastic per week – equivalent to eating a credit card!
This can lead to long-term negative effects on our health such as infertility. Furthermore, microplastics have been revealed in the placentas of unborn babies which may cause long-term damage to foetuses.
Therefore plastic bottled water is extremely dangerous to our environment and to our health.
This is supported by The Guardian as they explain how the world’s plastic binge is ‘as dangerous as climate change’.
Moreover, The Independent states that plastic drinks bottles are now the biggest plastic threat for our waterways.
The most cost-effective way to cut out single use plastic is to invest in a water filter for your home! This will not only provide you with pure tasting water but will help to salvage our suffering eco-system through sustainability!
Key things to consider for when choosing the best water filter for your family’s needs are:
- Capacity: The capacity of the water filter jug you need depends on a couple of factors. Before making a purchase, think about how much you drink in a day and how many people in your household are going to use the water filter jug. There are no hard and fast rules about what size water filter jug you should buy, but we’d say at one – two-litre jugs are for one to two people while two-litres+ are for families. At ZeroWater we have a wide range of water filter jugs to suit any family’s needs ranging from 1.4L to 7.1L dispensers.
- Size: if you plan on keeping your water filter jug in your fridge, make sure you check the dimensions of your chosen jug before buying to ensure that it’ll fit comfortably in or on the shelves. ZeroWater strives to provide a variety of designs to fit around your families life style and preferences such as a slim and sleek stainless steel 11 cup jug designed to snuggly slide into your fridge door or the charming round 8 cup jug that can sit proudly on your countertop.
- Price: before investing in a water filter for your family, shop around and ensure that you are getting the best bang for your buck. ZeroWater’s 7 cup water filter jug retails at just £24.99, an extremely affordable price for such a premium water filtration system meaning our water filters are not only eco-friendly but friendly to your wallet due to our handy, cost effective prices.
- Filtration process: there is a wide range of different filtration systems available on the market. Many water filters have 2 stages to their filtration process, however our Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System outperforms any standard 2-Stage filter on the market such as Brita Filters which are only able remove around half of all dissolved solids! Take a look at our previous article for a detailed outline on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from your tap water. They are third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 99% of Uranium, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants.
- Reputation: you need to ensure that the water filter brand that you choose to invest in is reputable and reliable so that you get the most for your money. ZeroWater is an extremely trustworthy brand as our products are to the highest standard to give you a taste of luxury with our pure tasting water.
The Benefits of Owning a ZeroWater Filter Jug
We thought we’d give you a run down of some of the benefits of owning one of our water filter jugs:
- This water filter jug is a not only good-looking but super practical as it is easy to fill and pour. It benefits from a generous 1.7-litre capacity that still fits in a fridge door.
- There’s also the useful option to pour water even when the filter is in use. But it’s in our unique filtration system that this behemoth of a water filter really steps up to the mark.
- A five-layer filter works like a charm to remove virtually all dissolved solids, including lead which leaves your once hard and distasteful tap water noticeably much softer, smoother and satisfying to drink.
- Consequently you will be more hydrated and thus more healthy as you are more likely to drink more water as it will taste better!
- Hydration boosts your health and immune system and flushes out toxins. Moreover, if your body is properly hydrated it will restore nutrients quicker, consequently helping to prevent illnesses such as Covid19. Furthermore, hydration improves cognition therefore sufficiently hydrated can make you feel more energised and more focused.
- You will save money in the long run as you will no longer need to constantly buy bottled water in order to access pure tasting drinking water! Through one purchase you will invest in your families health and hydration for years to come!
- As well as this by investing in a water filter, it will decrease your plastic footprint as you will no longer need to constantly buy environmentally detrimental single use plastic bottles, thus making your household more sustainable. This benefits not only you and your family but the entire earth as single use plastic is extremely damaging to our environment!
Therefore, to invest in a ZeroWater filter is to invest in your families health as well as a brighter future for our planet and generations to come!
Sustainability is More Achievable Than Ever with ZeroWater
By investing in a ZeroWater filter you are taking a simple but significant step towards sustainability, something that we should all be striving for to guarantee the future of our species on Earth.