Eco-friendly water filter jugs, why buy one and how to use them! If you want filtered water at home without constantly purchasing single-use plastic that poisons our environment, a water filter jug is the BEST investment you can make this Christmas!
In these eco-conscious times, those of us who are not keen on tap water (especially those in hard water areas down South) are making the shift from bottled to filtered water at home.
Water filters are a great way to cut down on single-use plastics, a crucial step on your journey to sustainability as an average of 35.8 million plastic bottles are used every day in the UK, of which 16 million go unrecycled.
At ZeroWater we believe that it is our responsibility to do whatever we can to help save the environment through sustainability!
Ditch the Single use Plastic for a Water Filter Jug
Plastic bottles are currently the 5th most found rubbish item at coastline clean-ups, making up a sizable portion of the total plastic pollution in oceans.
Single use plastic bottles are wasteful and detrimental as they will only be used once and then thrown away. They are non-biodegradable which means that they cannot be recycled by living organisms and will consequently always pollute the ocean and earth. This will consequently harm wildlife, marine ecosystems, and humanity by releasing toxic chemicals into the water, soil and atmosphere.
Moreover, plastics such as these eventually become microplastics and make their way into our water which we then ingest. Researchers determined that people are at risk for ingesting around 5 grams of plastic per week – equivalent to eating a credit card!
This can lead to long-term negative effects on our health such as infertility. Furthermore, microplastics have been revealed in the placentas of unborn babies which may cause long-term damage to foetuses.
Therefore, plastic bottled water is extremely dangerous to our environment and to our health.
This is supported by The Guardian as they explain how the world’s plastic binge is ‘as dangerous as climate change’.
Moreover, The Independent states that plastic drinks bottles are now the biggest plastic threat for our waterways.
This will not only provide you with pure tasting water but will help to salvage our suffering eco-system through sustainability!
Water Filter Jugs – How, When and Why use Them?
- How: Simply fill up the reservoir of the water filter, then wait for it to filter through to the bottom of the jug. The Ready Pour technology means that you can pour from the jug even when its still filtering without it spilling!
If you refill the reservoir each time you pour from it you’ll never run out of filtered water! Our 5-stage filter does all the hard work so you can sit back and relax with a refreshing and pure tasting glass of water whenever you want!
- When: We recommend that you use your water filter jug daily, whenever you need a glass or bottle of water. You can drink from it in the morning with breakfast, at meal times throughout the day, in the evening before bed. You can also use the water filter jug or dispenser during dinner parties, whenever you have guests or during Christmas dinner. You can use it whenever you want, it’s the gift that keeps on giving this Christmas!
- Why: If you live in a Southern hard water area you may notice that your water doesn’t taste good. It can taste metallic, bitter, or unrefreshing. ZeroWater filter jugs can directly solve this issue. By filtering your water virtually all contaminants that make your water hard and distasteful are removed. Our water filters soften water, remove contaminants and microplastics which can be detrimental to our health as well as unpleasant tasting.
- When to replace your water filter: Water filters are extremely vulnerable to growing bacteria, becoming clogged and blocked, and becoming less effective over time. You need to replace your water filter regularly in order to keep it clean, clear, and functioning properly. You will need to replace your filter every 40 gallons or two months.
ZeroWater Water Filter Jugs are the Best Investment Your Family can Make this Christmas
Many water filters only have 2 stages to their filtration process, whereas we at ZeroWater strive to create advanced and affordable premium water filters. Therefore, our Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System outperform any standard 2-Stage filter on the market such as Brita Filters which are only able remove around half of all dissolved solids!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from your tap water. They are third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 99% of Uranium, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants.
So, this Christmas you should invest in a ZeroWater filter jug.
But how does our 5-stage filtration system work?
- Stage 1 –Coarse Filter Screenwhich filters out fine particles and sediment.
- Stage 2 –Foam Distributorwhich disperses the water evenly across the entire width of filter in order to efficiently use the filter medium which increases the filters longevity as well as its ability to remove more contaminants.
- Stage 3 – Multi-layer activated carbon & oxidation reduction alloy. The Carbon filters out many different contaminants and improves the taste of your water; while the oxidation alloy reduces chlorine and other heavy metals plus, it keeps mould from forming when the filter is moist.
- Stage 4 – Dual Comprehensive Ion Exchange resinuses negative and positive dual bed ion exchange resin to strip foreign ions from the water molecules and return them to a pure state.
- Stage 5 –Ultra-fine screen & non-woven membrane layersremove the last bits of ultra-fine particles.
The Benefits of Owning a ZeroWater Water Filter Jug
We thought we would give you a run down of some of the benefits of owning one of our water filter jugs:
- All our water filter jugs are not only aesthetically pleasure but super practical as it is easy to fill and pour. They all benefits from a generous capacity that still fits in a fridge door.
- There is also the useful option to pour water even when the filter is in use. But it is in our unique filtration system that this behemoth of a water filter really steps up to the mark.
- A five-layer filter works like a charm to remove virtually all dissolved solids, including lead which leaves your once hard and distasteful tap water noticeably much softer, smoother, and satisfying to drink.
- Consequently, you will be more hydrated and thus healthier as you are more likely to drink more water as it will taste better!
- You will save money in the long run as you will no longer need to constantly buy bottled water in order to access pure tasting drinking water!
- Through one purchase you will invest in your family’s health and hydration for years to come!
- As well as this by investing in a water filter, it will decrease your plastic footprint as you will no longer need to constantly buy environmentally detrimental single use plastic bottles, thus making your household more eco-friendly. This benefits not only you and your family but the entire earth as single use plastic is extremely damaging to our environment!
Therefore, to invest in a ZeroWater filter is to invest in your family’s health as well as a brighter future for our planet and generations to come!
Give Yourself and the Planet the Eco-Friendly gift of a ZeroWater Water Filter Jug this Christmas
By investing in a ZeroWater filter you are taking a simple but significant step towards sustainability, something that we should all be striving for to guarantee the future of humanity on planet Earth.