As the UK and some counties ease their restrictions you may be faced with the exciting prospect of a holiday whether at home or abroad! However it’s important for your families health that you remember to stay hydrated while on holiday.
Whether your overseas or at a UK campsite, ZeroWater filters can help you stay healthy and hydrated on your post lockdown holiday!
Many of us will be spending our holidays this year erring on the side of caution by camping in the UK. Our filters are perfect for filtering the water fountain tap water found in campsites, rendering it utterly pure tasting and delicious.
Invest in Your Health and Your Holiday with a ZeroWater Water Filter Solution.
- Effective hydration keeps you healthy and prevents infections! This is especially important presently as Covid-19 cases still lurk around the world even as restrictions ease, it is best to be cautious. Therefore, you need to keep your body as healthy and fighting fit as possible!
- If you do not drink enough water while in the sun, you can suffer from heat stroke. You could be especially susceptible to heat stroke if you are sitting in the sun all day at your campsite or out on a daytime adventure – hiking, strolling at the sea side, or even enjoying a sunny beer garden. Hydration will prevent heat stroke and helps to regulate your body temperature. Keep an eye on children, the elderly and people with long-term health conditions (like diabetes or heart problems) as they’re more at risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- If you are doing lots holiday adventurous activities such as hiking, swimming or cycling you need to stay hydrated so that your body has the energy and water it needs to function effectively. Drinking enough water keep joints lubricated, organs functioning properly and delivers nutrients to your cells!
- Being well-hydrated also improves sleep quality, cognition, and mood. This is especially needed when sleeping in a sometimes damp or sweaty tent, rest can sometimes be elusive, hydration will help you sleep better. Moreover it appears clear that in order to enjoy your camping holiday to its fullest you need to be hydrated!
- Little or no urine.
- Urine that is darker than usual.
- Dry mouth.
- Sleepiness or fatigue.
- Extreme thirst.
- Dizziness or light-headedness.
- No tears when crying.
If this occurs, drink some water from a ZeroWater filter and you’ll feel right as rain!
ZeroWater’s Top Tips on How to Keep Hydrated on Your Camping Holiday!
At ZeroWater we know it is hard to remember to drink enough water while camping. You can follow these handy hydration tips if you struggle to drink enough water in your day to day life:
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. Drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Alternatively, you could drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour. Make sure you take enough water with you for your daytime adventures. Pack many bottles of water for your family and everyone can carry one. You don’t want to get caught short of water when your family is hot, tired and thirsty.
- All our water filter jugs are affordable and portable which means that transporting and drinking filtered, pure tasting water has never been easier and cheaper. You won’t have to keep forking out for expensive single use plastic bottles that damage the environment, and you’ll be able to stay hydrated! It’s also great for filtering the sometimes unsavoury water fountain water you get from campsites, transforming it into delicious and hydrating water. However our water filters should not be used to drink any wild or suspicious water such as river water or sea water.
Just try to follow as many of our tips as you can and we ensure you it will get easier to stay well hydrated.
- Try and avoid sugary drinks such as Cola, Sprite, Fanta as they will not keep you hydrated. Walter Willett, professor of nutrition at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health stated in a 2017 CNN article that we are “mal-hydrated, because we drink so much soda and fruit juice and other sugar-sweetened beverages, and by that I mean we drink beverages that harm our health.”
- However, if you don’t like the taste of plain water, you should try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your water bottle. This will improve the taste so you will be more likely to drink more water!
- When drinking alcohol you need to drink water alongside it, as alcohol will dehydrate you further. For every alcoholic beverage you consume to have a drink of water as well.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger.
- Drink water consistently throughout the day – its easy to forget to do so when relaxing out in the sun or on the go but its super important!
This Summer, whether at Home or Abroad, Stay Hydrated to Keep Healthy with ZeroWater!
At ZeroWater, we want to ensure your family is as hydrated and healthy as possible on your camping holiday adventures!
Our Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System successfully outperforms all other 2-stage filters on the market such as Brita Filters by removing what other filters leave behind. While simplistic 2-stage filters are only able remove around half of all dissolved solids, our advanced filters guarantee to drastically reduce the amount of ‘Total Dissolved Solids’ and contaminants in your water! Read our previous article for a detailed outline on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants such as microplastics!