At ZeroWater we want to ensure that workers at the office and at home stay hydrated and healthy! Hydration at work is crucial to ensure performance levels stay high. Hydration is crucial for your health and success at work.
Dehydration impacts your concentration, reaction times and mood, which combined will massively impact your work.
Feeling groggy, tired and irritable from dehydration will not only slow down your pace but will prevent successful team collaborations.
Staying hydrated at work will help you stay focused, clear minded and maintain a positive attitude towards your team and achieving your goals!
Hydration is extremely important to ensure that your body and mind is in good working order. In order to have the best, most productive working day possible, you need to be well hydrated.
Especially, seeing as we now spend on average about 13 years at work throughout our lifetimes, it is ever more crucial to keep hydration levels high to guarantee that you are feeling and performing your best while at work.
At ZeroWater, we want to detail the importance of staying hydrated at work and the effects a lack of hydration can have on work productivity as well as mental performance:
- Dehydration is a wide spread issue, as shown by a survey carried out by the Natural Hydration Council of 300 UK General Practitioners. This survey found that 1 in 5 GP consultations were down to tiredness and fatigue and 1 in 10 of those were thought to be linked to dehydration.
- As little as 2% dehydration can influence one’s mood, lead to fatigue and considerably reduce alertness. One study of 25 women showed that dehydration (-1.36% loss of body mass) led to poor mood, reduced concentration, increased the frequency of headaches and a tendency to find tasks harder.
- Dehydration can also lead to short-term memory and the inability to process visual information properly.
- At 4%, reaction times can be slowed by 23%. In many work environments, this is not only unproductive but can even be dangerous.
- Studies have shown that those that drink water during tests achieve significantly better grades than those who do not.
- Being well-hydrated improves sleep quality, and mood, so hydration can help to improve your mental health. This means you will feel generally happier at work through successful hydration.
- Hydration also boosts cognition which means you will be more mentally able to tackle tricky tasks and challenges while at work.
- Hydration makes you feel more energised and more focused. By feeling more clear headed and sharp through hydration, your productivity will consequently improve. This is beneficial as you will feel personal satisfaction at your increased achievements and productivity as well as ensuring your company/business is even more successful.
Follow ZeroWater’s Top Tips on how to Fit Hydration into Your Workplace Wellness Strategy:
You need to ensure that you have a workplace wellness strategy in place in order to feel and perform your best while at work! Hydration should be one of the key pillars of this wellness strategy.
However, at ZeroWater, we know hydration is often easier said than done. Our busy work schedules can make it hard to remember to drink the recommended 2 litres a day. But follow these top tips in order to ensure you are as hydrated as possible while at work.
- Keep a water bottle by your side throughout the day. Grab your reusable water bottle and take it with you wherever you go. Keep it by your nightstand, take it on your commute, sip throughout your meetings and leave it on your desk. If you have a full water bottle by your side throughout the day, you’re more likely to stay hydrated.
- Set alarms to remind yourself to take a few sips. One good thing about working from home is that you’re never too far from the fridge. Set an alarm to go off once every couple of hours. This will give you a chance to fill your water bottle, stretch your legs, and give your eyes a quick break from the screen.
- Don’t wait until you’re thirsty. Thirst is actually a sign that you are already dehydrated. Keep drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day and eat fruits and vegetables with high water content to avoid becoming thirsty in the first place.
Your food and drink choices will impact your hydration levels at work!
- Avoid food and beverages that dehydrate. It may seem counterintuitive, but certain drinks and foods can dehydrate your cells even more. Coffee and salty foods all have dehydrating effects. It might be tempting to snack on something salty while working or you may crave a cup of coffee to give you a motivational boost. However, if you do indulge, be sure to rehydrate afterwards.
- Add a bit of flavour. Squeezing a little fruit juice in your filtered water can turn a boring obligation into a refreshing break. Treat yourself to a splash of lemon or lime. Want more ideas on how to add pizzazz to your water? Click here for 6 tips to upgrade your water and crush your hydration goals.
- Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Here’s a hydrating hack that might surprise you: Eating one bowl of oatmeal is equivalent to drinking about one cup of water. When oats cook, they absorb the water or milk they’re paired with. That water or milk is then available for your hydrating pleasure.
- Eat soup for lunch. Broth is made of mostly water. It’s likely you won’t even realize you’re hydrating when slurping down some tasty chicken noodle soup. However, due to the high-sodium content, you’ll want to partner this meal with a tall glass of water.
- A water filter removes contaminants from YOUR tap water. The filtering process makes your water taste much better and you are more likely to drink more water and be more hydrated if you own a water filter, as your water will be pure tasting and delicious.
- In fact, filtered water is safer than non-filtered water, as water filter’s guarantee to drastically decrease the amount of harmful contaminants in YOUR tap water such as lead, copper, asbestos, mercury and arsenic. Therefore, you will not only be hydrated but healthier as you will be protected from disgusting and damaging contaminants in your tap water.
- Furthermore, filtered water is free from microplastics! Research has revealed that those drinking unfiltered water consume a credit cards worth of plastic a week! So to protect yourself and your children from ingesting detrimental microplastics, you should arm yourself with our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filter!
At ZeroWater, our mission is to help YOU become your healthiest, most hydrated self, so we created the most cost-effective, advanced water filter’s on the market!
Our 5 stage filter system is guaranteed to outperform any other simplistic 2 stage filter such as Brita filters. 2 stage filters only remove around half of all the dissolved solids in your water. Therefore, the taste will not be as pure, and you will be less hydrated as well as more at risk from harmful contaminants. Read our previous article for a detailed explanation on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many, many other contaminants!