As the UK and many countries in Europe ease their restrictions, many people are jetting off on holiday. But it’s important for your health that you remember to stay hydrated while on holiday!
Whether your abroad or at a campsite, ZeroWater is here to provide you with top tips and products that can help you stay healthy and hydrated, so that you can focus on enjoying your jolly holiday!
- Effective hydration keeps you healthy and prevents infections! This is especially important presently as Covid-19 cases still lurk around the world, it is best to keep your body as healthy and fighting fit as possible!
- If you do not drink enough water while in the sun, you can suffer from heat stroke. You could be especially susceptible to heat stroke if you are sitting in the sun all day on the beach. A good level of hydration can prevent heat stroke and helps to regulate your body temperature. Keep an eye on children, the elderly and people with long-term health conditions (like diabetes or heart problems) as they’re more at risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- If you are doing lots of holiday adventurous activities such as hiking, swimming or cycling you need to stay hydrated so that your body has the energy and water it needs to function effectively. Drinking enough water keep your joints lubricated, organs functioning properly and delivers nutrients to your cells!
- Being well-hydrated also improves sleep quality, cognition levels, and your mood. So in order to enjoy your holiday to its fullest you need to be hydrated!
If You are Dehydrated, You may Exhibit these Signs:
- Little or no urine
- Urine that is darker than usual
- Dry mouth
- Sleepiness or fatigue
- Extreme thirst
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- No tears when crying
If this occurs, drink some water and you’ll feel right as rain!
ZeroWater’s Top Tips on How to Keep Hydrated while Holidaying!
At ZeroWater we know it is hard to remember to drink enough water while on holiday. If you struggle to drink enough water, follow these hand tips:
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your water. This will improve the taste so you will be more likely to drink more water!
- If you are drinking alcohol you need to drink water alongside it, as alcohol will dehydrate you further.
- Sugary drinks such as Cola, Sprite, Fanta will not keep you hydrated. Walter Willett, professor of nutrition at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health stated in a 2017 CNN article that we are “conditioned to expect high levels of sweetness in everything …. You might say we are mal-hydrated, because we drink so much soda and fruit juice and other sugar-sweetened beverages, and by that I mean we drink beverages that harm our health. Even energy drinks and vitamin waters, most are loaded with sugar and not worth the use.”
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. Thirst is often confused with hunger.
- Make sure you take enough water with you for your daytime adventures. Pack many bottles of water for your family and everyone can carry one. You don’t want to get caught short of water when your family is hot, tired and thirsty.
- Drink water consistently throughout the day – its easy to forget to do so when relaxing out in the sun but its super important!
- If you have trouble remembering to drink water, drink on a schedule. Drink water when you wake up, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when you go to bed. Alternatively, you could drink a small glass of water at the beginning of each hour.
- Drink water when you go out to dinner at a restaurant. It will keep you hydrated, and it’s free!
- This handy and affordable portable water filter bottle from ZeroWater means that transporting and drinking filtered, pure tasting water has never been easier and cheaper. You won’t have to keep forking out for expensive single use plastic bottles that damage the environment, and you’ll will be able to stay hydrated where you fancy going next!
This Summer, whether at Home or Abroad, Stay Hydrated to keep Healthy with ZeroWater!
At ZeroWater, we want to ensure your family is as hydrated and healthy as possible on your holiday adventures!
Our Premium 5-Stage Ion Exchange Water Filtration System successfully outperforms all other 2-stage filters on the market such as Brita Filters by removing what other filters leave behind. While simplistic 2-stage filters are only able to remove around half of all dissolved solids, our advanced filters guarantee to drastically reduce the amount of ‘Total Dissolved Solids’ and contaminants in your water! Read our previous article for a detailed outline on how our Premium 5 Stage Ion Exchange water filters work!
When tested in accordance with the NSF’s protocol based on a 40 gallon filtration (double the rated usage), ZeroWater reduces 97% of Lead and 99.9% of Chromium from tap water. They are also third party tested to reduce 96% of Mercury, 93% of Arsenic and 99% of Copper, among many other contaminants!
However, it is important to note that ZeroWater filters should not be used to filter suspicious, dirty water such as river water.